Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I gotta say there are advantages to an anonymous blog.

We probably all have a facade that covers our unvarnished
true selves. One that screens at least the worst of the self
we like to pretend doesn't exist.

That would be why I have been quiet here lately.

It seems like the only words I have now are the sad ones.

And the angry ones.

I tell myself that those who come here do not want to read
another sad love song to my mother or another teary post
about how hard I find this season of life.

I am a big believer in sucking it up and doing that which must be done.

But sometimes...
I just wish I had it in me to go to bed for a week, pull the covers
over my head and let the rest of the world take care of itself.

Ehhhhh, I don't think so.

There is so much to love about this life and I mean to do so.
There are puppies and babies. Warm sunny days.
Glittering ripples on the lake and birds building nests in the tree outside my window. There are children who love me and make me proud to be their mom.

And anyway, I can't rule the world from underneath the covers.




Just sayin'...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment