Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sally, You Know Who and Jane










Times are changing my fiends friends.

The timeless Sally, You Know Who and Jane books are popular amoung
the early readers but I just can't take it anymore.


It feels like I am desecrating something almost sacred
but this week I'll be changing all of the capital Ds to capital Rs
in this set of books in my classroom.

I am reminded of the time my librarian mother used a black Sharpie
to draw shorts on the naked baby in the Maurice Sendak book,
In The Night Kitchen.

I thought she was so old fasioned and risked my life
by teasing her about it.

The snickers from some and the horrified looks from others have made
even me uncomfortable.

Sally, Rick and Jane.

It has a nice ring to it.


Just sayin'......................

No comments:

Post a Comment