Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trying to Focus on the Grateful Side of Life

I miss my mama.

And that's all I have to say about that.

On the grateful side of life.....

I woke this afternoon just in time
to make the medical appointment
scheduled for my daughter.

Trying and failing
for the second consecutive day
to medicate away or sleep off a
migraine I lay there groggily looking
at the tea glass i brought to my room.

It was mysteriously filled to the top
and ice cubes were keeping it cold.

Hmmmm.

I rarely use ice cubes and I knew I had
chugged half the glass before covering my
sore head with a pillow.

True love is a boy who checks on his mama
home from work at an unusual time, recognizes
the signs of a migraine and sneaks her glass away
to refill it with tea and ice.

It's the little things isn't it?

My kids are great at the little things.
It's one trait they all share and it makes
this mama feel loved.

Just sayin'...................................


P.S.  Leave me some comment love-what has made you feel loved lately?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I felt so much love on Monday for my birthday! I felt so blessed that even though I sometimes struggle with feeling lonely being single I saw how God takes care of me! He showed me that He's got me taken care of and I don't have to have a man. I had such a great day with my friends and family!

    ReplyDelete