Monday, July 12, 2010

Wanted: Prayers

I have a friend is very sick.
We work together and we attend the same church. 
I have known, admired
 and respected this person for many years now.

She has the kind of quiet faith that
screams God's
love and grace
each time she smiles.

That smile...
that smile and her quiet voice
are such a huge part of her personality.

Her calm spirit helped her reach hundreds
of difficult students during her career as an educator.

I wish I were more like her.

Her retirement this spring
made those of us blessed to work with her
immeasurably
sad.

Our little school will be lacking
an important source of insight,
knowledge,
experience,
talent and
encouragement
in the year to come.  

Anyway, to all eight of you who read this blog,
please pray for my friend.

Her struggle is mighty right now
and her suffering is more than unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment