Friday, February 25, 2011

Genie was with Marlin again today and I was able to get in another day of work.

It is funny how healing those little critters can be.

We were all so happy to see each other yesterday.
How can you not be happy to see little people that adore you.
At least once a day someone says, "This is the best job in the world."
Of course that is usually said just before you have to inform a little darling that tissues are quite handy for certain nasal problems.
Despite the hazards of winter colds and false spring allergies little kiddos are good medicine for the sore of heart.

Marlin's status remains about the same.

Yesterday his doctors were talking about moving towards weaning him from the ventilator but he has had fever again today. They are now telling us that they would like to perform a tracheotomy and continue to keep him on the vent a few more days.

While I acknowledge their expertise, I am not inclined to passively agree to everything the doctors want to do.

I want to understand why this has gone on for days.

I am struggling because I don't know what questions I should be asking.

I am starting a list tonight. My sister and I can't advocate for our brother if we do not know and understand the ins and outs of Marlin's illnesses and the options for treatments.

Tomorrow Genie plans to ask for an explanation as to exactly what issues are keeping our brother on the vent.

I have come to realize that in this situation, for whatever reason, information is not volunteered. You must ask the right questions.

We don't know what the right questions are.

Just sayin'...............

No comments:

Post a Comment