Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time to Say Goodbye to a Friend

My precious laptop is the latest victim in the hailstorm that is my life lately.

I have been so careful with her.

The kids that live here are rarely allowed to use her. They must ask permission first and submit to interrogation as to their intended internet destinations and they must accurately recite 'the rules',

I have lovingly kept her screen clean and her keyboard crumb free.

I have been known to screech at the sight of greasy keys and to launch a subsequent investigation into the unauthorized greasing of said keys.

Despite my best efforts to protect her she is now terminally ill due to a near drowning.

And worst of all.......
It was all my fault.

I filled a new thermos with sweet tea.  I've been trying to do my kidneys a favor and stop drinking my beloved Diet Coke Plus.  This is what I get for trying to be healthy.

Anyway......
Although I screwed that thermos lid on as tightly as I could.....I failed to notice that the stopper for the little drinking spout...
wasn't a stopper at all.  It was just a measly lid.

So, the thermos full of SWEET tea wound up in my laptop.

When I snatched her out of my dripping school bag water poured from her USB ports....all over my the white jeans I was hoping to wear one more time this season.

My friend the Internet tells me that it is just a matter of time.

Soon the sugar will corrode my baby's connections and circuits.

I can see the tea behind the screen and several keys stick.

It took me all day to get over it.

And start shopping for a new one.  :)

Just sayin..................

No comments:

Post a Comment